Monday, February 2, 2009

Naughty Chairs

Class, as always, was an experience. Unfortunately, we didn't spend as much time talking about our own "What If...?" lists as I would have liked. It's always fun to catch a glimpse of the minds of the others. Which reminds me - people seem to be so clammed up in class. I'm a firm believer that in simply talking about just about anything (our beliefs, our interests, whatever) can possibly lead to some mental strengthening. I mean, having your beliefs challenged may cause you to try on a different perspective - or it may wind up strengthening your existing belief. Eh, anywho.

The three elements - Creativity, Innovation, and Inquisitive (or was it Inquire?) - it seems like a simple concept, and I would imagine that every person in the class has some sort of intuitive understanding of them. All the same, it's sometimes good to get things down in writing to, y'know...solidify thoughts.

As for the final little chair display (which I would name Roman Chairs...or maybe Roamin' Chairs - you see, it reminded me of a chair orgy. But it also seemed like the chairs could also be milling about, doing their thing...Roamin' around, y'know?), I felt a little awkward with it. No, actually - I take that back. It seems to me that I hear entirely too many complaints on any given day. Not even about major things, either. About stupid things - like having chairs not lined up in perfect rows (as was the case last week). Showing the next class that they could have a lot more to complain about - I enjoyed that.

By the way...Beth, make this pretty.



That's all for now. Until next time.

“Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment